BRICS BUSINESS COUNCIL MEETING, MOSCOW
We have been engaging continuously on novel ideas and practical suggestions that would go far in promoting our economic engagement. The specific suggestions brought to the table by Business Council members and various Working Groups are now part of our Annual Report. The document carries forward the work of previous years. There has been significant progress in some areas while many new proposals have been added for further discussions.
In the coming years, we must leverage our connect with the New Development Bank to take forward some of the key proposals including the setting up of Clean Energy Fund
31st August 2021
BRICS Business Forum 2021
16th - 18th August 2021
BRICS BUSINESS COUNCIL
The BRICS Business Council was established during the Fifth BRICS Summit held on 26th - 27th March 2013 in Durban, South Africa. The objective of creating the council was to constitute a platform which will:
- Promote and strengthen business, trade and investment ties amongst the business communities of the five BRICS countries;
- Ensure that there is regular dialogue between the business communities of the BRICS nations and the Governments of the BRICS countries; and
- Identify problems and bottlenecks to ensure greater economic, trade and investment ties amongst the BRICS countries and recommend solutions accordingly.
BRICS Business Council Working Groups
Nine working groups in the areas of Infrastructure, Manufacturing, Financial Services, Energy & Green Economy, Skills Development, Agribusiness, Deregulation, Regional Aviation and Digital Economy have been formed under the aegis of the BRICS Business Council.
The main objectives of these Working Groups are to facilitate interaction amongst businesses with a view to better understand the market opportunities and build synergies based on their respective competitive strengths and to promote industrial development and job creation.Read More..
News & Announcements
- 09 Sep 2021PM Modi Thanks BRICS Nations In The Opening Address
- 18 Aug 2021NDB stresses on alignment with BRICS Business Forum
- 24 June 2021Meeting of BRICS Heads of Anti-Drug Agencies
- 22-23 June 2021Seminar on Hydrogen Initiative
- 16 June 2021Virtual Conference of BRICS Network Universities
- 04 June 2021Russian Foreign Ministry to assist in creation of BRICS arbitration mechanism — diplomat - World - TASS
- 04 June 2021Harmonise regulation to standardise traditional medicines in BRICS countries, says India (aninews.in)
- 02 June 2021BRICS nations call for India office of New Development Bank (livemint.com)
- 02 June 2021BRICS Foreign Ministers agree on Covid-19 vaccine IPR waiver(Indian Express)
- 28 May 2021Non-communicable diseases: India proposes BRICS consortium to address post-Covid challenges, Health News, ET HealthWorld (indiatimes.com)
- 26 May 2021India organises first BRICS energy meet - The Hindu BusinessLine
- 14 May 2021BRICS member nations keen on multilateral social security framework (jagranjosh.com)
- 12 May 2021FinMin, NDB to hold seminar on importance of social infra financing, digital tech use (dailypioneer.com)
- 26 February 2021First meeting of BRICS Sherpas and Sous Sherpas
- 24 February 2021India hosts first meeting of the BRICS finance and central bank deputies of 2021 - The Economic Times (indiatimes.com)
- 19 February 2021Launch of BRICS 2021 Website
- 16 March 2020Targeted relief measures being considered for South Africa, says PwC
- 19 November 2019BRICS on the ball?
- 16 November 2019Five-in-one: On BRICS summit
- 14 November 2019BRICS nations for common payment system to reduce dollar dependence: Russia